"Fashion will always be my drug, horses will always my high, art will always be my excitement, and God will always be my calm; they will always go together and cannot be broken apart. "

Friday, November 6, 2009

Clinique Fresh Faces Tour and I

Hello mah darlings,

I do sincerely apologize for not blogging for what!? Over a month now?? Life happens however. I have been going to online school at Kaplan Academy of California and let me say, that is one highly demanding school. I am taking seven classes when everyone else is doing around four or five. However, all in all, I am I am thankful to my school because if it were not for highly dreaded school testing to meet Cali requirements, something superbly exciting would not have happened on Wednesday; you will get to read about that below, but for now, let's talk some more about how...

...Life happens... I have started work as an assistant to a new designer who wants to get her stuff out there. All started simply with me doing her website because she liked my blog, but life happens and now I am her assistant. I work for Charlotte Epee who is the founder and designer of CharlottesAngels. She has very pretty jewelry, dresses, shirts, and more coming! In fact, I am wearing one of her necklaces now. I would also link her website but we are in between hosting services right now. The team is getting bigger and bigger, we are searching for models, photographers, and all that jazz and it all makes me realize I have a REAL job that I absolutely love.

Sooooo, Wednesday: I was in Westwood Village or somewhere near Beverly Hills doing CAHSEE testing. When I went into the main waiting area where my mother was using their WiFi (of course) while waiting for me, she told me that there is something she found for me to do and that I will like and be interested in it, but she will still force me to do it, because it's something that I would regret not doing. Therefore I went to the bathroom, came back out, she showed me the Clinique Fresh Faces 09 Tour flier telling about the makeover, getting my photo taken, and how the stupendous Eva Chen - Beauty and Health Editor of Teen Vogue - would be there. So I GASPED! ! ! Enormously.

So I got in the line, mother did the release form and all, and decided to be the best support and mother ever! She wasn't in the line with me, but outside of the rope, so she went to watch other people getting their makeup done. Soon after some people went over to her, and my mother being charismatic and proud of her lovely daughter, started bragging about me. She started talking about how I thoroughly love Teen Vogue, and how I have been subscribing for years, also talked about how I want to be on the other side of the camera (photographer) and just the stuff good 'ole mothers brag about. She yelled my name, I looked over, smiled and waved, at the same time wondering, "Oh, gosh, what is she doing, hi people."

She came back over and told me what had just happened, I didn't realize her mother instincts to brag about me, and I sort of had the tone of "dear mother, but no!" when talking with her.

Soooo big GASP: I spotted Ms. Chen and noticed her walking in my direction, my heart pumping I crossed my fingers for her to walk towards me, and what happened? She walked straight to me, introduced herself, and I told her I love her page -the one in Teen Vogue, duh!- and we talked. It was just incredible talking with her, and she was also just the nicest person ever! She recommended a school in New York to me, and it was also a really encouraging conversation, whether she knew it or not. Mother said I was completely professional but on the inside my heart was fluttering and jumping, pumping and dancing.

I chose the more dramatic look, got my makeup done by a Clinique expert, but sadly the parking meter was about to run out of time and mother had already refilled it twice, so I just got my photo snapped by a photographer without my horrendous testing hairdo getting prettied up by a stylist who would have made me fall asleep while letting her fingers dance in my hair, but life happens...

So my day went from mediocre due to testing to spectacularly the best day ever!

Hopefully you have been reading my Tweets and noticing that I have not gone completely M.I.A. Follow me @ http://twitter.com/rebavanity

No comments: