"Fashion will always be my drug, horses will always my high, art will always be my excitement, and God will always be my calm; they will always go together and cannot be broken apart. "

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Texan At Heart

I visited the Post Office sometime last week delighted in knowing that a very nice, classy Tungsten ring was waiting for me; a ring from SuperiorWeddingRings. The ring is soft on the inside and hard on the outside. The comfort fit of the ring smoothly slides along your finger and stays superbly comfortable on your finger; and the Tungsten makes for this ring to be even more indestructible than titanium. Said ring has a classic brushed middle band and the outer rim is still just as shiny as the first day. This is truly a ring to last for the ages.
Thank You SuperiorWeddingRings.




So as my post title says, I have come to realize I am a Southern belle by some at heart. I am still Finnish and my Scandinavian side still shows very much. I have a saying that I went to Texas with a Finnish accent in my English and I left Texas with an American accent in my Finnish and a slight Texan twine in my English. Living in Texas I never truly appreciated the state as I do now living outside of Texas. I truly love Texas with all my heart and am proud to say I lived in Texas for the past 12 years of my life. I might never want to move back, but I do indeed and wholeheartedly love Texas.



Texas might not have the ocean, the upbeat attitude of LA, the mountains, weather that does not make you want to peel your skin off; but what Texas does make Texas one-of-a-kind. A relaxed atmosphere, nice weather to make you appreciate a pool, cowboys in tights jeans, cowboys who walk along roads with no shirts on (yes, that is one thing I miss about Texas - the perfect roadside channel), friendly atmosphere and small towns, perfect country cookin’, seriously deep history and beautiful art to remember the history by- all of which Texas DOES have and all which I have come to learn from and love over the years. Texas is a state like no other so much so that when we left Texas it felt like we were in a different country. It’s not that Texas isolates you but there is so much there that it is easy to forget that you live in the United States of America as a country instead of Texas as a country.

with love Rebekka

No comments: