"Fashion will always be my drug, horses will always my high, art will always be my excitement, and God will always be my calm; they will always go together and cannot be broken apart. "

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

School Shooting in Kauhajoki, Finland

This morning, as my mum was trying to wake me up, while doing something in my closet, she told me of this school shooting in Finland. I was half asleep, so when I actually got up, I asked to confirm if that's what she had said. Sure enough, and sadly, it was true! Well, then I go on to see what I could find out about it. The guy had yesterday posted a vid. of him shooting at a shooting range, and police questioned him; but I guess since he wasn't shooting a fake person or anything, they didn't think anything of it. I watched the vid., and if I were a cop, I wouldn't think too much either. Sadly though, nine people were killed, and I think it said a couple injured. He shot himself in the head, but he didn't die and is now in the hospital at the Tampere University Hospital. In a way, I am kind of glad he didn't die, because if he lives, the police can deal with him. Hopefully he can feel the pain, but I know that's not my job; I'll leave that up to God, plus I live in the United States and he lives in Finland. It's just so sad, this happened as I was sleeping!
No one likes school shootings-except the mentally insane and demented- but especially not when it's your home. Even though I live here, and would never live in Finland, I still pride myself knowing I was born there, have lived there, and am half Finnish(genetically). But that's a whole another story that I won't get into right now. For now, I will feel sad and maybe mourn a little for the families whose kids died. For Finland, this is sad, even though some might think oh it's only nine kids, for Finland, and other European countries, it's not just nine kids!


No comments: